Hackney Playbus is looking for a volunteer to assist in the Bonding with Baby programme at the Redmond Community Centre
Reports to: Vanessa Kirkpatrick – Groups Programme Manager, Hackney Playbus
Description: Bonding with Baby is an under 1’s drop-in, stay and play group for local parents. It is run by the Hackney Playbus and works in partnership with two other Hackney charities, Claudia Jones Organisation and Shoreditch Trust’s Bump Buddies. Our main focus is on the development of the relationship between the mother and baby, to reduce the mother’s social isolation, increase awareness of services available to the family and ensure the baby has the best possible start in life. We are looking for volunteers with experience and a genuine interest in babies and their well-being.
Volunteers will help with the following tasks:
Help set up the room with equipment, tea and coffee making resources, prepare fresh fruit for parents and babies, engage with parents and their babies, and participate in the group activities, such as singing. They will also sign-post parents to local services such as health visitors, libraries, children’s centres, share relevant information with the lead practitioner and tidy up at the end of each session.
When you can help us:
Wednesdays and Thursdays between 9.30am-12.30pm, term time only. The group runs from 10am-12pm and there is 30 minutes of set-up and clean-up time included before and after the class.
What you can get:
Hackney Playbus will:
- Provide full support and guidance and aim to provide a valuable learning experience with mentoring from staff.
- Offer opportunities for you to participate in decision-making processes which affect your role and tasks.
- Provide training and/or information about your role and tasks where necessary.
- Reimburse you for out of pocket expenses (receipts required).
- Provide references for future work and/or voluntary opportunities.
Then contact Carolina Correia – Volunteer Coordinator
or Yashima Marshall-McDavid – Volunteer & Training Assistant
E: Yashima.Mcdavid@mhdt.org.uk| T: 0203 819 5619 | M: 075488 96030