Funds of between £500 and £3,000 are available for activities that contribute to community wellbeing. Submit your proposal for what you would do with the money and the community will then vote on which ideas they like best!
Deadline for applications: 26th June 2014, 5pm
Those applicants who submit their proposal by the deadline will also have a further week to receive feedback and make final changes to their proposal, ready to re-submit by the 3rd July.
Who will decide who gets the money?
Once you have submitted you proposal, it will be vetted to make sure your proposal is eligible for funding. If you are successful in this process, you or a representative for your proposal will be invited to attend the Voting Day on 16th July 2014 to present your idea. You will have 5 minutes. Residents who have not submitted a proposal will then vote on their favourite idea.
What kind of activities will be funded?
Your proposal must contribute to one or more of the following:
- Healthy Eating
- Physical activity
- Mental health and well being
- Healthy Spaces
- Health through Arts & Cultural Activities.
You can apply if:
- You are a local organisation based or working in Hackney area in the London Borough of Hackney or if you are a local resident with a sponsor organisation to act as a banker (we can help you find one but it must be agreed before the application goes in). Sponsor organisations could be schools, children’s centres, GP practices, faith organisations etc as long as they meet criteria number 2, 3 and 4 (listed below).
- Your organisation or the organisation acting on behalf of your group has a bank account that requires at least two people who are unrelated and do not live at the same address to sign cheques or make withdrawals.
- Your organisation or the organisation acting on your behalf has a governing body/management committee with at least three unrelated members.
- Your organisation or the organisation acting on your behalf has a constitution or terms of reference.
What is the duration of the project?
Your project must start anytime between June 2014 and finish by March 2015.
For more information on how to apply and for the application form please download from the links below:
For help or support, or to send your application contact:
email@example.com / 020 8356 5948
Kristina.firstname.lastname@example.org / 020 8356 7584