We are Hiring! Project Support Worker
The Trust has secured a new funding looking to improve health and wellbeing for local residents while also supporting environmental causes. This project is funded by Big Lottery’s Reaching Communities Fund.
POST TITLE: Woodberry Down Project Support Officer
SALARY: £23,376 per annum (pro rata to 4 days a week)
LOCATION: Redmond Community Centre
RESPONSIBLE TO: Project Manager
POSITION STATUS: Fixed Term Contract (3 Years)
The post holder is responsible for:
Support the delivery of Woodberry Down for Everyone project. Including:
1. Establishing and maintaining links with stakeholders while ensuring maximum publicity for the project and encouraging referral pathways.
2. Supporting in the recruitment and monitoring of project activities ensuring high attendances throughout the project.
3. Leading on project’s communications and publicity through newsletters, social media and printed advertisement.
4. Working with volunteers by recruiting and selecting volunteers for project activities and ensuring a positive experience for both volunteers and the local community.
5. Maintaining project expenditure up to date, helping to keep good financial records; cooperating with the book-keeper and independent examiners.
6. Supporting in the preparation of reports for quarterly board meetings and the preparation and presentation of reports and financial records to funders.
7. Ensuring MHDT visitors, beneficiaries and volunteers are treated fairly and supported through any queries or grievances.
8. Supporting the implementation of the project’s impact monitoring framework which enables MHDT to provide regular progress reports to partners, the board and funders.
9. Supporting and deputising for the Project Manager as well as acting as an ambassador for MHDT, representing the Trust at meetings when required.
EXPERIENCE AND WORK KNOWLEDGE:
1. Demonstrate an ability and willingness to lead on continuous performance improvement
2. Able to demonstrate an understanding of the wider context of regeneration and the needs of key stakeholders and partners in Woodberry Down.
3. An understanding of the financial implications associated with projects and adherence to timescales and budgets according to the project’s needs.
4. Track record of achieving demonstrable results in delivering community projects.
5. Track record of successfully engaging with service users and others in a diverse community, building positive and productive working relationships.
6. An understanding of the effects of discrimination and exclusion against certain groups of people and ability to eradicate that discrimination through the promotion of inclusion and equality of opportunities.
7. Track record of using marketing and social media tools as well as graphic design (creation of flyers and promotional materials) is desirable.
1. Able to set personal priorities, objectives and deadlines while maintaining a focus on the key service priorities / accountability
2. Able to demonstrate highly developed oral, written and presentation skills with a sound knowledge of IT packages and demonstrating an ability to influence find solutions to problems and negotiate effectively.
3. Able to work as part of a team contributing to and finding innovative solutions for delivery of the project.
1. Willingness to work outside normal working hours and to attend public meetings and support the running of activities in the evenings and weekends as required.
2. The post holder will be required to undertake such other additional duties as may be required from time to time by the CEO or Project Manager.
1. The post holder will have a relevant degree although consideration will be given to those applicants who are not qualified but who can demonstrate they have worked at a similar level in community development.
Please send your CV with a personal statement describing why your experience matches the criteria set on experience and personal attributes. Applications should be sent to Abdul Omifisoye <firstname.lastname@example.org>
APPLICATIONS DEADLINE: MONDAY 6th FEBRUARY 10am.
We regret we will not be able to accept applications after this date.
We expect interviews to be held on Wednesday 15th February 2017.