Project Manager – Job Description
Title: Project Manager
Accountable to: Chief Executive Officer
Responsible for: Project management, staff management, income generation
Location of post: The Redmond Community Centre, Kayani Avenue, London N4 2HF
Salary package: £31,464
Terms of employment: Fixed Term 22nd October 2018 – 31 January 2020
Hours: 36 hours per week including occasional evening meetings and exceptional weekend work
Holiday entitlement: 27 days annual leave, plus bank holidays.
Purpose of the Post
- To lead on delivery of Manor House Development Trust community development projects. To include:
- Overall day-to-day responsibility for management and coordination of projects including ensuring that targets are met.
- Manage project budgets and ensure that costs stay in line within agreed budget. Keeping good financial records; cooperating with the book-keeper and independent examiners; and reporting to the CEO and the SMT.
- Prepare papers for the quarterly Board meetings, collate monthly budget monitoring information to report on and ensure that costs remain in line with budget forecasts, providing financial monitoring in accordance with approved MHDT financial management procedures and systems.
- Prepare and present reports and financial records to funders as required;
- Ensuring policies are developed and implemented and up-to-date.
- Ensuring MHDT visitors, beneficiaries and volunteers are treated fairly and supported through any queries or grievances.
- Act as an ambassador for MHDT, representing the Trust at various meetings.
- Development of a comprehensive impact monitoring framework which enables MHDT to provide regular progress reports to partners, the board and funders.
- Ensure that learning and good practice from projects are disseminated across partners and wider stakeholders.
- Development of an exit strategy for projects.
- To be a member of the MHDT Senior Management team. This includes attending management team meetings, contributing towards the delivery of the strategic direction of the organisation, and to update on progress. Responsibilities include:
- To consider, develop and implement creative ways to generate new business and income.
- Contribute to the wider communications and marketing strategy.
- Develop impact and monitoring systems to contribute to the organisation business plan and to help produce an annual report.
- To help troubleshoot issues as they arise.
- Provide regular updates to MHDT CEO as required.
- Attend MHDT Board meetings and provide updates on progress of all key responsibilities as required.
- Represent MHDT at various meetings of local and wider stakeholders as required. This may involve evening and weekend work.
This job description is not to be taken as a completely exhaustive list of duties and it may be reviewed in the light of changing needs and developments. Any changes will be fully discussed with the post holder. The post holder may be required to carry out other duties appropriate to the seniority and scope of the post.
- Willingness to work outside normal working hours and to attend public meetings and support the running of activities in the evenings and weekends as required.
- The post holder will be required to undertake such other additional duties as may be required from time to time by the CEO.
- The post holder will have a relevant degree although consideration will be given to those applicants who are not qualified but who can demonstrate they have worked at a similar level in community development.
Please send your CV with a personal statement to email@example.com describing how your experience matches the criteria as set out in the experience and personal attributes.
Applications are now closed for this post.
We expect interviews to be held on the 15th October 2018.