Closing date: Mon Sep 21st
Location: MHDT Head Office, Redmond Community Centre & Skyline Emergency Food Hub
Salary: £23,376 full time, subject to Tax and NI
Contract: Fixed Term Contract (1 year)
About this job
The post holder’s responsibilities include:
- Establishing and maintaining links with stakeholders, finding and creating volunteer roles and encouraging referral pathways.
- Managing effective communications in collaboration with the Communications & Marketing Manager, to build relationships with potential and existing volunteers through a range of media; including newsletters, press releases, social media, website, email and other formats.
- Assessing organisational and project needs in collaboration with the Project Officer, to determine number and range of volunteers needed for particular projects.
- Recruiting and selecting volunteers for project activities, taking into account their experience, skills and aims, and ensuring a positive experience for both volunteers and the local community.
- Creating volunteer policies and handbooks, and implementing these effectively. Keeping up to date with legislation and policy related to volunteering and making any necessary modifications.
- Managing volunteers on the ground, conducting regular briefings and de-briefs.Ensuring all Health & Safety is adhered to; including making sure volunteers have undertaken appropriate training & induction and have up to date DBS checks as appropriate.
- Cultivating a positive and supportive atmosphere by recognising volunteer efforts and by providing regular 1:1 support to keep volunteers motivated, assessing their progress and setting personal development milestones.
- Sourcing role-specific training for volunteers, leveraging existing provision as well as providing group support sessions to volunteers e.g. confidence building, time management, conflict management, team working.
- Maintaining records of all volunteers adhering to GDPR legislation.
- Maintaining volunteer related expenditure up to date, helping to keep good financial records; cooperating with the book-keeper and independent examiners.
- Supporting in the preparation of reports for quarterly board meetings and the preparation and presentation of reports and financial records to funders.
- Ensuring MHDT visitors, beneficiaries and volunteers are treated fairly and supported through any queries or grievances.
- Supporting the implementation of the project’s impact monitoring framework which enables MHDT to provide regular progress reports to partners, the board and funders.
- Supporting and deputising for the Project Manager as well as acting as an ambassador for MHDT, representing the Trust at meetings when required.
- Attending regular team meetings with senior management.
Experience and work knowledge:
- Able to demonstrate an ability and willingness to lead on continuous performance improvement
- Able to demonstrate an understanding of the wider context of regeneration and the needs of key stakeholders and partners in Woodberry Down.
- Track record of successfully managing volunteers for community projects.
- Track record of successfully engaging with service users and others in a diverse community, building positive and productive working relationships.
- An understanding of the effects of discrimination and exclusion against certain groups of people and ability to eradicate that discrimination through the promotion of inclusion and equality of opportunities.
- Track record of using marketing and social media tools as well as graphic design (creation of flyers and promotional materials) is desirable.
- An understanding of the financial implications associated with volunteer coordination, being able to adhere to timescales and budgets according to project needs.
- Able to set personal priorities, objectives and deadlines while maintaining a focus on the key priorities / accountability.
- Able to cultivate and encourage a positive and supportive environment for volunteers and the community.
- Able to demonstrate great communications skills, highly developed oral, written and presentation skills with a sound knowledge of IT packages and demonstrating an ability to influence and find solutions to problems and negotiate effectively.
- Able to work as part of a team contributing to and finding innovative solutions for delivery of the project.
- Willingness to work outside normal working hours and to attend public meetings and support the running of activities in the evenings and weekends as required.
- The post holder will be required to undertake such other additional duties as may be required from time to time by the CEO or Project Manager.
If you wish to apply for this role please forward your CV, and supporting statement no more than two A4 size pages demonstrating how you meet the person’s specification above to:
Interviews to be held: Week commencing 5th October 2020