Woodberry Works is a programme funded by Hackney Homes, which we manage to create training and employment opportunities in the Woodberry Down area.
Manor House Development Trust has managed the Woodberry Works programme since 2009. We work closely with the London Borough of Hackney, Hackney Homes, Berkeley Homes and Genesis to coordinate training and employment in the area.
Lisa Jennings, Mulalley and Co Ltd said “Woodberry Works makes a real difference to the lives of local people and leaves a lasting legacy in the Hackney community.”
Since 2009 Woodberry Works has:
- Created 2 social enterprises. Woodberry Training Partnership CIC provided £90,000 worth of free training to Hackney residents from 2010-11.
- Won Demonstration Status by the Housing Forum.
- Provided job support to 500 Hackney residents through the Woodberry Works Club
- Enrolled over 80% of those who registered with Woodberry Works Club on courses to gain employability qualifications
- Supported 20% of those who registered with Woodberry Works Club into jobs
- Set up the Get High programme, a working at heights course which offers 7 accreditations per person over 4 weeks.
- Brought training opportunities to the area to the value of £76,000 in 2013/14.
- Engaged with hard-to-reach residents, including BAME groups, NEETS, disabled people; single parents, ethnic minorities, ex-offenders, and ex-forces